Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I update the FRUSDR firmware for 8400 servers?A:
FRUSDR Firmware version 4.1.f
Before completing the following steps, the BMC Firmware must be updated to version 26. Refer to Updating BMC Firmware for 8400 Servers. This procedure assumes that the firmware has been extracted.
- Start the computer with the extracted FRUSDR boot disk.
- From the Select Chassis list, select option 4 for other. This option is used for the 8400 server.
- On the next screen, select the function to perform, and then select option 1 to update FRUs and the SDR Repository.
- The next screen prompts if there are fans connected to the fan board. Press the Y key for yes.
- The next screen prompts if the fans are Tachometer or Digital fans. Select option 1 for Tachometer.
- The next screen has six questions about a fan attached to the fan board 0 through 5. Press Y for each of these questions.
- The next screen prompts if you would like to enter an asset tag. Press the N key for no.
After you have finished these steps, the SDR updates, the FRU updates, and brings you to an A:\ prompt. A message appears stating that the update was completed successfully. Remove the floppy disk, and then restart the computer.