Installing as a Drawer
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
No_PN396Install the rails and brackets
- Remove the side rails from the mounting rails by depressing the retention clips, and then sliding the side rails off.
- Mount the side rails on the server chassis with the retention clips positioned toward the rear of the chassis. Secure the rails with the eight screws provided (four screws per server side).
- In the cabinet, if the mounting rails have not previously been installed, position the drawer template (P/N 65770050-00) on one side of the cabinet, and then mark the screw hole locations onto the vertical mounting strips inside the cabinet as shown on the template. The marks locate the mounting holes of the rail brackets and front panel.
- Using two screws as marked, attach the front bracket to the front cabinet vertical mounting strip. Attach the rear bracket to the rear cabinet vertical mounting strip.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to mount the second set of mounting brackets on the opposite side of the cabinet.
- To secure the rails to the mounting brackets, begin with the rear of the rail first. Slide inner rails forward to gain access to mounting holes. If the latch locks the rail into place, release the latch to allow the rails to slide freely.
- Install the mounting screws through the rail into the rear mounting bracket.
- To secure the front of the rail, slide inner rail so that the opening aligns with the mounting holes.
- Install the mounting screws. Verify that the inner rails slide in and out freely.
Mounting the server drawer
- Pull the inner rails forward inside the mounting rails until the inner latch locks the inner rail in the extended position.
- Pull the inner slides all the way forward.
- Lift the server drawer to the same height as the cabinet mounting rails, and then align the rails on the drawer with the mounting rails.
- Press the cabinet mounting rails towards the center of the cabinet while inserting the side rails on the server drawer into the cabinet mounting rails.
- Push the server drawer evenly into the cabinet until the latches on the drawer rails lock.
- Press the latches on both sides of the server drawer and push the drawer back until the front panel touches the vertical mounting rails. The drawer may move reluctantly at first. However, it should move smoothly, without binding or restriction thereafter.