Converting From Tower to Rackmount
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
No_PN396Remove Existing Panels
- At the rear of the server, remove the three top panel screws.
- Slide the top panel toward the rear of the chassis, then remove it from the chassis.
- At the rear of the server, remove the two left panel screws.
- Slide the left side panel toward the rear of the chassis, and then remove it.
- Inside the chassis, remove the two screws securing the bezel to the front of the chassis.
- At the front of the server, locate the handle at the bottom of the front bezel, and then firmly pull the bezel away from the chassis.
- Inside the chassis, use a screwdriver to press out the four pins that secure the bottom feet to the chassis. Remove the feet from the outside of the chassis.
Install the Rack-Mount Panels
- Inside the server, install the Rackbus card in an empty expansion slot, and then use the card's ribbon cable to connect the card to the server system board.
- Replace the chassis left side panel using the thumbscrews provided in conversion kit.
- Replace the top panel with a rack-mountable side panel.
- Install the control housing over the power button.
- Install the front panel bracket.
- Before installing the front panel, remove and blanking panels that correspond to the devices installed in the chassis. For example, if a floppy disk drive is installed in the server chassis, remove the front panel blanking panel that corresponds to the floppy disk drive's position.
Note: Plastic snap plugs, used to cover screw holes, may be removed and stored on the top of the panel bracket.
- Install the front panel.