Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I replace the floppy disk drive?
- Turn off the computer and disconnect the power cord.
- Open the chassis.
- Locate the floppy disk drive and disconnect the power and controller cables from the back of the disk drive.
- Disengage the drive rail locking tabs by pressing inward on both tabs until the disk drive slides out freely.
- Remove the drive rails from the disk drive and snap them onto the replacement drive.
- Align the rails with the correct drive bay.
- Slide the disk drive into the bay until the locking tabs snap into place.
- Reconnect the power and controller connections.
- Close the chassis and reconnect the power cord to the computer.