Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
Q: When trying to do a backup with the DLT-V4 drive, I receive error messages referring to the drive being in PIO mode. How can I correct this?A: The DLT-V4 tape drive is designed to reject write/read requests sent to the device using PIO mode. To change this, perform the following steps.
- Open Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, and then double-click the controller the DLT-V4 tape drive is attached to.
- In the controller's Properties dialog box, click the Advanced Settings tab.
- In the Advanced Settings tab, look at the Current Transfer Mode box and the Transfer Mode drop down box, and then change the drop down setting. The current settings determine which of the two following steps you need to use to change to the correct setting.
- If the Current Transfer Mode has PIO Mode listed, and the Transfer Mode drop down box is set to PIO Only, click the drop down icon, select DMA if Available, and then click OK.
- If the Current Transfer Mode has PIO Mode listed, but the Transfer Mode drop down box is set to DMA if Available, click the drop down icon, select PIO Only, click OK, and then repeat steps 2 - 4 to change it back to DMA if Available.
- Close Device Manager.