Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
WME872304, WME873098, WME877488Q: How do I install the RAID on Motherboard (ROMB) key and dedicated memory?A:
- Follow instructions for preventing static discharge.
- Remove the top panel on the Gateway 9715 server.
- Remove the air duct.
- If any are installed, remove the PCI expansion card from slot one.
- Remove the Intel® RAID activation key and RAID DIMM (or portable cache memory module with battery) from their anti-static packages.
- Insert the activation key into the socket until the two retaining clips slide into place.
- Pull the plastic tabs away from the center of the DIMM socket. If you are replacing a DIMM, remove the old one.
- Holding the DIMM (or portable cache module with battery) by the edges, align the notch on the bottom edge of the DIMM with the notch in the DIMM socket and press it firmly into the socket. The tabs on the side of the DIMM socket should automatically secure the DIMM.
- If a PCI expansion card was present in slot one, replace it back into the slot.
- Install the air duct.
- Replace the top panel on the Gateway 9715 server.
- Configure the BIOS settings to enable the ROMB option.
- Enter the BIOS.
- Select Devices.
- Select Mass Storage.
- Select RAID Activation Key and set it to Enabled.
- Save the settings and exit.
Note: Once the key and memory are installed, upgrade the ROMB firmware using the latest System Update Package CD.