Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I troubleshoot no video on a Gateway 9315 server?A: Several factors may be preventing the server from displaying any video. Here are some steps to help pinpoint the problem.
- Connect the monitor directly to the back of the server. Some keyboard, video, and mouse (KVM) switches may not work with the server and could prevent video from being displayed.
- Verify that the connected monitor is powered on.
- Verify that the monitor functions when connected to different computer.
- Connect a different monitor to the server to rule out the possibility of a defective monitor.
- Look for any lights on the front of the server and listen for the fans that should be running on the inside of the server. If you do not notice any of these things, there may be a power issue.
- Listen for any beeps being emitted from the server. These beep codes are indicators of the difficulty the server has starting up.
- If the server has power and you only hear the normal short beep at the end of POST, try connecting to the server through the network (pinging, Terminal Services, and so forth). The ability to do this indicates a possible problem with the onboard video.
- Try disconnecting all cables and connectors from the rear of the server. Some devices may prevent the server from coming on at all.
- Remove any PCI or PCI Express cards from the server. A card that is not seated properly in a slot or a completely defective card may prevent the server from starting.