Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I configure a stripe (RAID 0) using the Embedded RAID feature of the Gateway 9315 Server embedded SATA controller?A:
- Power on the server, and then, when the Intel(R) Embedded Server RAID Technology message appears at the top of the screen, press the CTRL+E keys.
- From the Main Menu, select Configure, and then press the ENTER key.
- In the next screen, select New Configuration, and then press ENTER.
- In the next screen, press the SPACE BAR to select the hard drives to include in the array. Typically, this is done on both hard drives.
- Press ENTER to end the array, and then press the F10 key to configure the array.
- Press the SPACE BAR to select the array, and then press F10.
- On the configuration menu, select RAID 1, and then press ENTER.
- Select RAID 0, and then press ENTER.
- Review the other settings on the configuration menu to ensure they are correct. The default settings work in nearly all situations. To save the configuration, select Accept, and then press ENTER.
- Press the ESC key to exit the array configuration menu.
- To save the array, select Yes, and then press ENTER.
- Press any key when the Configuration is Saved message appears.
- The array is now configured. It is good practice, although not required, to initialize the array after creation.
Note: Initializing the array destroys all data on the hard drives.