Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I configure a mirror using the embedded RAID feature of the Gateway 9315 server's embedded SATA controller?A:
- Power on the server, and then, when the Intel(R) Embedded Server RAID Technology message appears at the top of the screen, press the CTRL+E keys.
- From the Main Menu, select Configure, and then press the ENTER key.
- In the next screen, select either Easy Configuration or New Configuration, and then press ENTER.
Note: If Easy Configuration is chosen in step 3, skip steps 4-7.
- In the next screen, press the SPACE BAR to select the hard drives to include in the array. Typically, this is done on the only two hard drives recognized.
- Press ENTER to end the array, and then press the F10 key to configure the array.
- Press the SPACE BAR to select the array, and then press F10.
- Review the settings on the configuration menu to ensure they are correct. The default configuration is RAID 1 (or a mirror). These settings work in nearly all situations. To save the configuration, select Accept, and then press ENTER.
- Press the ESC key to exit the array configuration menu.
- To save the array, select Yes, and then press ENTER.
- Press any key when the Configuration is Saved message appears.
- The array is now configured. It is good practice, although not required, to initialize the array after creation.
Note: Initializing the array destroys all data on the hard drives.