Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the BIOS beep codes and error messages for the Gateway 9315 Server?A: During POST, the BIOS indicates the current testing phase by writing a hex code to I/O location 80h. If errors are encountered, either error beep codes or error messages are produced.
- If an error occurs prior to video initialization, it is reported through a series of audio beep codes.
- If an error occurs after video initialization, the error is displayed on the video screen.
Refer to the following tables for more information on BIOS error beep codes and error messages.
BIOS generated POST error beep codes (prior to video initialization)
POST error messages (after video initialization)
In the following table, the response section is divided into three types:
- Warning: The message is displayed on the screen and the error is logged to the SEL. The system continues booting with a degraded state.
- Pause: The message is displayed on the screen and the boot process is paused until the appropriate input is given to either continue the boot process or to take corrective action.
- Halt: The message is displayed on the screen, an error is logged to the SEL, and the system cannot boot unless the error is corrected.