Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
Q: What is the BIOS recovery process for this motherboard?A: Following are the steps for performing a BIOS recovery for the Gateway® E-9722R server motherboard.
Note: Only use this procedure as a last resort. If the server is able to complete POST, or if the issue is not related to BIOS firmware corruption, do not use this process.
- Prepare a USB flash drive or floppy disk for recovery.
- Format the media using FAT16 or FAT32 format.
- Copy the ROM image to the media, renaming it AMIBOOT.ROM.
- Insert the recovery media with the AMIBOOT.ROM file.
- There are two ways to invoke recovery mode. Select one method below, and then continue with step 4.
- If the server is turned off, move the J56-E jumper so that it covers pins 2 and 3, and then turn on the server.
- If the server is running, restart the server and then press the CTRL+HOME keys during POST.
- Wait for the recovery process to complete, then restart the server and load BIOS defaults.
Note: If the J56-E jumper setting was changed in step 3, turn off the server and then move the jumper to cover pins 1 and 2 for normal operation.