NVIDIA RAID Controller Driver Installation During Manual Windows Server 2003 Setup
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
- These steps are used when you are hand-loading Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 and the on board SATA controller is in NV RAID mode.
- Before starting this process, create an NVIDIA RAID controller driver disk using the Gateway® Server Companion DVD that came with your server. Use the Extract Drivers tab in the SCDVD interface to locate and then transfer the controller driver files to a floppy disk.
- If the on board SATA controllers are not in RAID mode in the computer's BIOS Setup Utility, Windows Server 2003 R2 has native support for the controller, and no driver is required. However, if an array is not recognized using the native driver, install the NVIDIA nForce Storage Controller driver from the floppy disk created above. Doing so often corrects the issue.
- During Setup, when prompted to press the F6 key to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver press F6.
- Insert the floppy disk containing the controller drivers into the floppy disk drive, and then point setup to those files. Two options are listed. Both must be installed to enable the array to be properly recognized by Windows Setup.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install each driver, and then continue Windows setup.