IBM Active PCI Device (Hot Plug PCI) Driver Installation
Part number 3501655,4000847,850912
- Obtain the drivers from the download area of the Gateway Web site, or from the Server Companion CD (SCCD), and copy the drivers to a floppy disk.
- On the desktop, right-click My Computer. From the drop-down menu, select Properties. In the Properties dialog box, click the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager. In Device Manager, double-click the entry for Other Devices.
- On the Unknown Devices Properties, click the Driver tab.
- On the Driver tab, click Update Driver.
- In the Update Device Driver Wizard dialog box, click Next.
- In the next dialog box, select Search for a suitable driver for my device (recommended), and then click Next.
- In the next dialog box, select Floppy Disk Drive and click to clear the check marks from all other boxes. Insert the floppy disk that contains the driver, and then click Next.
- The driver (ibmhpd.inf) is located on the floppy disk. Click Next.
- The driver is installed. Click Finish.
- In the IBM Active PCI Device Properties dialog box, click Close.
- When prompted to restart the computer for the changes to take effect, click Yes.
After restarting, you may verify that the device loaded correctly by opening the System Devices folder within Device Manager and look for an entry that displays IBM Active PCI Device.