Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I configure a stripe (RAID0) using the HostRAID feature of the integrated SCSI controller?A:
- Press CTRL+A while the server is starting up and initializing the Adaptec SCSI BIOS.
- Select the channel from the channel listing on which the drives exist.
- Select Configure/View HostRAID settings.
- Press the C key to Create.
- Select RAID-0 (High Performance NoFault Tolerance) from the option dialog box.
- Press the SPACE BAR to select the drives you wish to add to the array (it indicates the drives selected with an X).
- It prompts for an assigned RAID Name. This is how the utility refers to a specific array.
- It prompts for the stripe size. Typically, the best performance is realized with 64K stripe sizes in Windows environments.
- It warns of Data loss. If there is data existing on the drive that will be written to, select Yes.
- It prompts to verify that they are certain they want to continue. Select Yes.
- It completes creation of the array immediately.