Completing a fresh Windows NT 4.0 installation from floppy disk
Part number 4000631,4000675,4000709,4000712,4000728,4000741
The following instructions explain how to install the drivers while installing Windows NT® 4.0 Server from floppy disk.
- Start your computer with the Windows NT Boot disk in the floppy disk drive.
- Insert disk 2 when prompted. After a few moments, you see a blue screen. To set up Windows NT, press the ENTER key.
- Press the S key to skip auto-detection of your SCSI adapter.
- Press S again to specify an additional device.
- Press ENTER to select Others, and then insert the driver disk.
- Use the arrow keys to select LSI Logic Ultra3 PCI SCSI Driver, and then press ENTER.
- If you want to add other host adapters that are not a part of the LSI family, press S, and then repeat step 5 for each additional adapter, inserting the appropriate disk provided by the hardware manufacturer.
- Press ENTER to continue with the Windows NT operating system setup. Follow the on-screen instructions and the instructions in the Windows NT installation documentation.