Hard Disk Controller Driver Installation During a Manual Windows 2000 Installation
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
WME866319, WME868078, WME871305, WME876246Note: To run a manual installation, it is recommended that you use a floppy disk drive. If you do not have a floppy drive in the server, there are other options that are available but not supported by Gateway. You can create custom installation media (example: USB flash drive or CD), which copies the appropriate drivers, creates the correct directory structure, and creates the installation script files. Creating customized installation media is not supported by Gateway.
To run a manual installation using a floppy disk drive, use the following steps.
- Start the server using the Windows 2000 CD.
- When prompted, press the F6 key to specify a mass storage driver.
- Press the S key to specify.
- Insert the driver disk, and then press the ENTER key to continue.
- From the list, select the appropriate driver for you hard disk controller, and then press ENTER. If using the integrated controllers on the 9510 server, you will select from the following options, depending on which controller your drives are connected to and how the controller is configured.
- Intel Embedded Server RAID Technology
- LSI MEGARAID Products for Windows 2003 (x86)
- LSI Logic PCI SCSI/FC MPI Driver (Server 2003 32-bit)
- If there are any additional SCSI controllers, specify and install the drivers at this time.
- Press ENTER to continue the installation.