Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
WME866319, WME876246Q: How do I remove and replace a hot-swap hard drive in the 9510 Server?
A: Remove a hard drive
Replace a hard drive
- Unlock the bezel door lock, and then swing the door open.
- If a drive has failed, determine which drive by running storage console software. Use the appropriate software and utilities to stop all activity on the failed drive.
- Pull the drive tray lever down, and then pull the drive tray straight out of the server.
- Remove the four screws that secure the hard drive in the tray, and then remove the drive.
- Perform one of the following steps depending on whether you are replacing a drive or adding a new drive.
- If you are replacing a drive, place the new hard drive in the tray, and then secure it with four screws.
- If you are adding a new drive to an unused tray, remove the four screws that secure the plastic retention device in the tray, and then remove the plastic device. Place the new hard drive in the tray, and then secure it with four screws.
- Make sure that the tray's release lever is in the open position, and then slide the tray into the bay.
- Lift the tray release lever up to the closed position to secure the drive in the bay.
- Close and lock the bezel door.