Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I open and close the Gateway 9315 server case?A: Open the case
For information about replacing or installing internal components, refer to the Gateway 9315 Server User Guide, Installing Components section.
- Turn off the server, and then disconnect the power cord and all device cables.
- If the server is mounted in a cabinet, remove it from the cabinet, and then place it on a stable work surface.
- On the top of the case, if present, remove the shipping screw (A). Press and hold the cover release button (B), and then slide the cover toward the rear of the server about one-half inch.
- Lift the cover off the server case.
Close the case
- Verify that all cables are inside the case to prevent pinching or damage when the cover is installed.
- Align the cover over the case but extending over the rear of the case about one-half inch.
- Slide the cover toward the front of the case until it is in the closed position and the release mechanism clicks into place.
- If previously removed, replacing the shipping screw is optional.
- If applicable, place the server back into the cabinet.
- Connect device cables, connect the power cord, and then turn on the server.