Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
WME864821, WME877983Q: How do I remove and replace the cover on the Gateway 9515/E-9515R Rack Server?
A: Open the case
Instructions for removing, replacing, or installing internal components can be found in the Installing Components section of the Gateway 9515 Server User Guide
- Turn off the server, and then unplug the power cord, and all device cables.
- If the bezel is installed, unlock it, and then pull it off.
- If the server is mounted in a cabinet, remove the server, and then place it on a stable, non-skid surface.
- On the top of the server are a release button (A) and a shipping screw (B). If present, remove the shipping screw.
- Press the release button, and then slide the cover toward the rear of the server about one-half inch.
- Lift the cover off the server.
Close the case
- Make sure that all cables are inside the server to prevent damage when the cover is installed.
- Place the cover on the server about one-half inch back from its closed position, and then slide the cover closed.
- Replacing the shipping screw is optional.
- If applicable, return the server to its cabinet.
- If applicable, snap the bezel onto the front of the server, and then secure it with the lock.
- Connect device cables and then plug in the power cord.
- Turn on the server.