Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
WME861067, WME864821, WME869198, WME876249, WME876353, WME877983
Q: My 9415, E-9415R, 9515, or E-9515R server has no video. How can I troubleshoot this?A: Several things may be preventing the server from displaying any video. Here are some steps to try that will help to pinpoint the issue.
- Attach the monitor directly to the back of the server. Some KVM switches may not work with the server and could prevent anything from being displayed.
- Attach a different monitor to the back of the server to rule out the possibility of a defective monitor.
- Look for any lights on the front of the server and listen for the fans that should be spinning on the inside of the server. If you do not notice any of these things, you might have a power issue.
- Listen for any beeps being emitted from the server. These "beep codes" are indicators of the difficulty the server has starting up.
- If the server has power and you only hear the normal short beep at the end of POST, try connecting to your server via the network (pinging, Terminal Services, and so forth). The ability to do this indicates a possible problem with the onboard video.
- Try disconnecting all cables and connectors from the back of the server entirely. Some devices may prevent the server from coming on at all.
- Remove any PCI cards from the server. A card that is not seated properly in a slot (or a completely defective card) may prevent the server from starting.
- Remove any hot swap drives from the front of the server, making note which slots they came from. A drive seating or electrical issue might prevent the server from starting.