Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
3501745, 3501746, 4000943, 4000959, WME859737, WME865488Q: My Gateway 9115 or 9210 Server has no video. How can I troubleshoot this?A: Several things may be preventing the server from displaying any video. Here are some steps for helping to pinpoint the problem.
- Attach the monitor directly to the back of the server. Some KVM switches may not work with the server and could prevent anything from being displayed.
- Verify that the attached monitor is powered on and functions on a different computer.
- Attach a different monitor to the back of the server to rule out the possibility of a defective monitor.
- Look for any lights on the front of the server and listen for the fans that should be spinning on the inside of the server. If you do not notice any of these things, there may be a power issue.
- Listen for any beeps being emitted from the server. These beep codes are indicators of the difficulty the server has starting up.
- If the server has power and you only hear the normal short beep at the end of POST, try connecting to your server using the network (pinging, Terminal Services, and so forth). The ability to do this indicates a possible problem with the onboard video.
- Try disconnecting all cables and connectors from the back of the server entirely. Some devices may prevent the server from coming on at all.
- Remove any PCI cards from the server. A card that is not seated properly in a slot (or a completely defective card) may prevent the server from starting.