Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
3501745, 3501746, 4000943, 4000959, WME859737, WME865488Q: What basic troubleshooting steps can be taken if the SATA hard drive in the Gateway 9115 or 9210 Server is not detected or recognized?A:
- Determine if the hard drive is recognized in the operating system.
- Determine if the BIOS Setup Utility version supports the size of hard drive added to the computer. If the BIOS Setup Utility does not support the drive size, try flashing the BIOS to a newer version that does support the size.
- Verify that the SATA controller the hard drive is connected to is enabled in the BIOS Setup Utility.
- Verify that the hard drive is recognized in the BIOS Setup Utility.
- If the hard drive is recognized in the BIOS Setup Utility, verify that the drive settings are correct.
- Reseat both ends of the SATA cable connected to the hard drive.
- Verify that the hard drive is configured correctly, and then connect the drive to the other SATA controller on the motherboard.
- Try connecting a different power cable to the hard drive.
- If possible, try the hard drive in another computer.