Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
3501745, 3501746, 4000943, 4000959, WME859737, WME865488Q: How do I configure a stripe (RAID 0) using the HostRAID feature of the Gateway 9115 and 9210 Server embedded SATA controller?A:
- Upon startup, press the CTRL+A keys to initialize the Adaptec Embedded SATA HostRAID BIOS.
- In the Adaptec Embedded SATA HostRAID BIOS, select Array Configuration Utility.
- Select Create Array, and then press the ENTER key. A list of the available hard drives is displayed.
- Select each hard drive, and then press the INSERT (or INS) key to add it to the array. You must select at least two hard drives to create an array. The array properties display.
- On the Array Type field, select RAID 1(Mirror) and press ENTER.
- If desired, enter an array name next to the Array Label field. Press ENTER to continue.
- Select a stripe size (16KB, 32KB or 64KB) and press ENTER to continue. The recommended and default selection is 64KB.
- A dialog box appears with the options No Init and Migrate. A description of each option is listed below.
No Init - Creates the array without initializing or overwriting any data on the selected hard drives. This option can be used if the configuration on the HostRAID controller has been cleared or if you have known good configuration written on the hard drives.
Migrate - Migrates a single hard drive to a two drive RAID 0 array.
- Select an appropriate option and press ENTER to continue.
- Select Done, and then press ENTER to create the array.
Note: You can still press ESC at this point to cancel the array creation.
- If you chose No Init, you are returned to the Array Configuration Main screen.
- If you chose Migrate, you are prompted to select the source drive. Select the drive which contains the data you wish to retain and press ENTER. The following message appears:
Warning: Migrating the array may take half hour or more to complete. Array is inaccessible until the migration is completed. Do you still want to proceed? (Yes/No):
- Enter Y for Yes to proceed with building the array. A progress screen will then appear.
- When the array has finished migrating, the following message appears:
Migrating RAID 0 array is completed successfully
- Press any key. You are returned to the Array Configuration Main screen.