Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
3501745, 3501746, 4000943, 4000959, WME859737, WME865488Q: On a 9115 or 9210 server, how can I tell which firmware revision my SATA hard drive is currently using?A: The original firmware revision may be printed on the label of the SATA hard drive. However, it may have been flashed to a later revision since it was manufactured. To check the current firmware revision of the SATA hard drive in a Gateway 9115 or 9210 server, SATA RAID must be enabled on the server. Perform the following steps to view the firmware on a SATA hard drive.
- Upon startup, press the F2 key to enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
- On the BIOS Setup Utility menu bar, select Advanced.
- On the Advanced menu, select IDE Configuration, and then press the ENTER key.
- On the IDE Configuration menu, note how the option ATA Configuration is configured. If it is not already configured for SATA RAID, press ENTER on this option and select ENABLE SATA RAID.
- Press the F10 key and then press ENTER to save and exit. The server restarts.
- During POST, when prompted, press the CTRL+A keys to enter the Adaptec Embedded SATA HostRAID BIOS Utility.
- In the Adaptec Embedded SATA HostRAID BIOS Utility, select Disk Utilities and then press ENTER.
- Locate the hard drive in the list. The drive's firmware revision is listed in the right-hand column.
- Restart the server, enter the BIOS setup utility and change the ATA Configuration option back to what was noted in step 4.