Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What can I do when I receive ECC memory errors?A: The 995 server uses the ServerWorks Champion Memory and I/O Controller, High End (CMIC-HE) for advanced error checking and correcting (ECC) functions. The 995 server supports ECC single-bit correction and multiple-bit detection and has added support for Chipkill and memory scrubbing. Listed below are a number of items to check in the event of a memory error.
- Verify the correct memory type is being used.
- Ensure the banks on the memory board are fully populated.
- All DIMMS within a bank must be identical.
- Bank one must be populated first.
- If any new memory has been added recently, try removing it.
- Check the system event log by running the System Setup Utility and selecting SEL Manager or using the Gateway Server Manager utility.
- Try reseating the memory card and individual memory modules.
- If the error occurs during POST, try enabling Post Error Pause in the BIOS Setup utility.