Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I remove the left side cover on the 960/980 Series servers?A: Note: Depending on when the server was purchased, the logo may differ from that shown in the graphics.
- Turn off the server, and then unplug the power cords and all other cables.
- Drain any residual power from the server by pressing the power button.
- Observe all normal electrostatic discharge (ESD) precautions.
- Unlock the key lock, and then open the RAID bay door to release the locking tab.
- Remove the front bezel.
- For more stability, the server may be placed on its right side.
- Loosen the captive thumbscrews for the left panel.
- Slide the left side panel toward the front of the server about one-half inch, and then pull the panel away from the chassis.