Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I replace the hot-plug bay fan?A:
- Turn off the computer and disconnect the power cord and all external peripheral devices.
- Open the chassis.
- Depress the two locking tabs and then disengage the remaining tabs from the inside panel of the chassis.
- Remove the fan from the chassis.
- Disconnect the fan power cable from the connector on the motherboard. Note which connector it was attached to.
- Place the new fan bracket into the chassis by engaging the two retaining tabs with the tabs on the back panel of the chassis and the release tabs with the slots on the inside panel.
- Connect the fan power cable to the appropriate connector on the motherboard.
- Close the chassis and reconnect the power cables and external peripheral devices.