Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I update FRUSDR Firmware for 8450R servers?A:
FRUSDR Firmware version 4.1.f
Before completing the following steps, the BMC Firmware must be updated to version 26. Refer to Updating BMC Firmware for 8400 Servers. This procedure assumes that the firmware has been extracted.
- Start the computer using the extracted FRUSDR boot disk.
- From the Select Chassis list, select option 3 for SRKA4 for 8450R servers.
- On the next screen, select the function to perform, and then select option 1 to update FRUs and the SDR Repository.
- The next screen prompts if the computer has a 3- or 6-fan configuration. Select option 2 for 6-fan configuration.
- The next screen prompts for how many power supplies are in the computer. Select option 3 for three power supplies.
- The next screen prompts for a chassis part number. Press the N key for no.
- The next screen prompts for a chassis serial number. Press N for no.
- The next screen prompts if you would like to enter an asset tag. Press N for no.
After you have finished these steps, the SDR updates, the FRU updates, and brings you to an A:\ prompt. A message appears stating that the update was completed successfully. Remove the floppy disk, and then restart the computer.