Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I replace the power supply?A: The procedure in the released manual is incomplete. Please use the following instructions.
- Turn off the server and disconnect the power cord and all peripheral devices.
- Remove the bezel and the front top panel.
- Remove the four screws that secure the upper drive bay bracket in place, and then slide the bracket forward before lifting it from the chassis.
- Disconnect the main power switch from the rear of the chassis by lifting the plug assembly before pulling it away from the rear panel.
- Remove the screws that secure the fan cage in place and lift the fan cage from the chassis.
- Pull the main power cord out of the case between the side of the case and the electronics bay.
- Loosen the captive thumbscrew in the lower center of the power supply front, and then slide the power supply forward until it stops.
- Tilt the power supply forward and lift it up and back to clear the tab on the bottom of the chassis.
- Holding the new power supply at an angle, place the new power supply over the tab on the bottom of the chassis, and then rotate it so that it rests flat on the bottom of the chassis.
- Slide the power supply back to insert the tabs on the back of the power supply under the slots on the bottom of the chassis.
- Feed the main power cable between the electronics bay and the side of the chassis.
- Re-attach the plug assembly to the rear of the chassis.
- Insert the fan cage into the chassis and replace the screws removed in step 5.
- Tighten the thumbscrew at the bottom of the power supply to secure it in place.
- Place the upper drive bay bracket on the top of the chassis. Verify that the tabs on the bottom of the bracket fit into the slots at either side of the chassis.
- Slide the upper drive bay bracket to set the tabs, and then replace the four screws you removed in step 3.
- Close the case.
- Reconnect the power cord and all external peripheral devices, and then turn on the server.