Replacing the slimline CD-ROM drive
- Turn off the computer and disconnect the power cord and all other external peripheral devices.
- Open the case.
- For easier access to the CD-ROM drive, remove the cables to the floppy disk drive.
- Remove the power cord and data cables from the back of the CD-ROM drive, noting their locations and orientations. You will reconnect these cables after you install the new drive.
- Loosen the three captive thumbscrews that secure the CD-ROM drive tray to the chassis.
- Slide the CD-ROM drive tray out of the front of the chassis.
- Remove the CD-ROM drive from the tray by removing the four screws from the drive and disconnecting the drive connector at the back of the tray.
- Place the new drive on the tray, connecting the drive to the tray connector and replacing the screws you removed in the previous step.
- Reinstall the CD-ROM drive tray in the chassis and secure it with the three
screws you removed in step 5.
- Connect the power cord and data cables, verifying that the cables are in their
original positions. See your documentation for proper cable orientation.
- Reconnect the floppy disk drive cables.
- Close the case.
- Reconnect the power cord and all other external peripheral devices, and then turn on the computer.