Replacing the floppy disk drive
- Turn off the computer and disconnect the power cord and all other external peripheral devices.
- Open the case.
- Remove the power cord and data cables from the back of the drive, noting their locations and orientations.
Note: The floppy disk drive is secured in the chassis by a drive tray. You must remove the tray, and then remove the drive from the tray.
- Remove the floppy disk drive tray by removing the two screws from the front panel.
- Pull the tray out of the chassis.
- Remove the floppy disk drive from the tray by removing the four screws that secure the drive to the tray.
- Attach the tray to the new drive by reinstalling the screws you removed in step 6.
- Replace the tray in the chassis using the screws you removed in step 4 to secure the tray in position.
- Connect the power and data cables, verifying that the cables are in their original positions.
- Close the case.
- Reconnect the power cord and all other external peripheral devices, and then turn on the computer.