How to replace the PS/2 power supply
- Turn off the computer and disconnect the power cord.
- Open the chassis.
- Disconnect the power supply connectors from all internal boards, drives and peripheral devices.
- Disconnect the main power connector from the motherboard. Press on the tab to release the connector then gently pull the connector from the motherboard.
- While supporting the power supply with one hand, remove the screws that secure the power supply to back and top panels.
- Lift the power supply out of the chassis, moving it forward to clear the support bracket and down to clear the side mounting rail.
- Verify that the new power supply matches the one you just removed. The mounting holes must line up correctly and the power specifications must be identical.
- Place the power supply inside the chassis and line up the mounting holes with the corresponding wholes in the chassis.
- Replace the screws that secure the power supply to the rear and top panels of the chassis.
- Reconnect the power connectors to the motherboard and all internal devices.
- Close the chassis.
- Reconnect the main power cord.