Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I replace the CD-ROM drive?A:
- Turn off the computer and disconnect all power connections.
- Open the chassis.
- Remove the power and data connections from the back of the drive.
- Disengage the locking tabs by pressing in on both front rail extensions, then move the drive slightly out of the bay by pushing on the back of the drive.
- Pull the drive out of the chassis.
- Remove the snap-on drive rails from the old CD-ROM drive and snap them onto the new drive into the same positions. The left and right rails are labeled. Ensure that the locking tabs are toward the front of the drive.
- Align the rails with the open drive bay, then slide the CD-ROM drive into the bay until the locking tabs snap into place.
- Reconnect the data and power connections to the CD-ROM drive.
- Close the chassis.