How to hot-swap a SCSI hard disk
- Open the computer door.
- Open the metal door protecting the hard disk drive cages.
- Check the bank of yellow light-emitting diodes (LED) on the front panel to determine which
hard disk is defective.
- Pull up on the bottom of the plastic latch and gently pull up on the carrier
handle, disengaging the latch that secures the carrier to the cage.
- Grasp the plastic carrier handle and pull it toward you to disengage the
drive connector from the backplane connector.
- Carefully slide the defective hard disk out of the bay. Place the hard disk on an antistatic
- If necessary, remove the drive carrier from the defective hard disk and install it
on the new hard disk.
- Holding the assembly by the drive carrier, position it so that it engages
the hard disk drive cage guide rails of the open drive slot.
- Lift the plastic latch to the fully open position and firmly push the hard disk
into the bay. When the plastic latch engages the locking slot in the hard
disk drive cage, push down on it until it snaps into place.
- Close the metal door protecting the hard disk drive cages, then close the