How to Install a SCSI Hard Disk
- Open the computer door.
- Open the metal door protecting the hard disk drive cages.
- Select the slot in the hard disk drive cage where you intend to install
the new SCSI drive.
- Pull up on the bottom of the plastic latch and gently pull up on the carrier
handle, disengaging the latch that secures the carrier to the cage.
- Remove the empty drive carrier from the slot in the hard disk drive cage.
- Remove the four screws securing the plastic air baffle to the drive carrier,
then remove the air baffle. Save the baffle for possible future use.
- Remove the 3.5-inch hard drive from its wrapper and place it on an
- Orient the drive carrier so the latch is toward you and the rails are down.
- Place the drive in the drive carrier so the connector is to the rear of the
drive carrier and the drive label is up.
- Attach the drive to the drive carrier using the four screws previously
- Holding the assembly by the drive carrier, position it so that it engages
the hard disk drive cage guide rails of the open drive slot.
- Lift the plastic latch to the fully open position and firmly push the drive
into the bay. When the plastic latch engages the locking slot in the hard
disk drive cage, push it down until it snaps into place.
- Close the metal door protecting the hard disk drive cages, then close the