How to Replace a 5.25-inch Device
- Remove the access panels.
- Open the drive/fan bay to gain access to the back of the 5.25-inch drive bay.
- Disconnect the power and data cables from the drive.
- The drive has two protruding plastic, snap-in rails attached. Squeeze the rail tabs toward each other as you carefully slide the drive forward out of the bay, and place it on an antistatic surface.
- Remove and save the four screws and two slide rails.
- Remove the new drive from its protective wrapper, and place it on an antistatic surface.
- Set any jumpers or switches on the drive according to the drive manufacturer's instructions.
- Using the four screws previously removed, attach the plastic slide rails to the drive.
- Position the drive so the plastic slide rails engage in the bay guide rails. Push the drive into the bay until the slide rails lock in place.
- Connect a power cable to the drive.
- Connect the appropriate data cable to the drive.
- If the drive requires any other cables, connect them.
- Close the drive/fan bay, being careful not to damage any data or power cables.
- Replace the access panels.