Frequently Asked Questions
9715 Server Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
WME873098Q: How do I remove and replace a memory board blank in the Gateway 9715 server?A: Memory board blanks are installed in unused memory board slots. The blanks ensure proper air flow to prevent overheating of the server. If a memory board is removed and you do not intend to replace it immediately, install a memory blank.
Remove a memory board blank
Replace a memory board blank
- Remove the server's top panel.
- On the top of the memory board blank, press the release tabs toward each other, and then press the locking tab toward the tabs.
- Lift the memory board blank out of the case.
- Align the memory board blank with the slot, and then press it firmly into place.
- Replace the server's top panel.