Frequently Asked Questions
9715 Server Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
WME873098Q: How do I remove and replace a 5.25-inch drive in the Gateway 9715 server?A: Note: 5.25-inch drives are not hot swappable. The server must be shut down to remove or install these drives.
Remove a 5.25-inch drive
Replace a 5.25-inch drive
- Turn off the server.
- If applicable, remove the server's front bezel.
- Squeeze the release latches for the drive toward each other, and then slowly pull the drive out of the bay until the cables are visible.
- Disconnect the power and SCSI cables.
- Remove two screws from each side of the drive carrier, and then remove the drive from the carrier.
- Place the drive in the drive carrier, and then secure it will two screws on each side.
- Connect the power and SCSI cables to the rear of the drive.
- Slide the drive carrier into the bay until the latches engage.
- If applicable, press the server's front bezel into place.
- Turn on the server.