Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1205153R, WMD003620, WME003773-01
Q: How do I remove and replace the motherboard in the Gateway BTX server case?A: Remove the motherboard
Replace the motherboard
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cords and all external cables. Note connection locations for later use.
- Remove the right side panel of the case.
- Inside the case, if applicable, remove add-in cards.
- Remove the air duct.
- Disconnect all power and cable connections to the motherboard. Note the connection locations for later use.
- In the area that the air duct was covering, locate the motherboard release latch.
- Lift the motherboard release latch. The motherboard slides toward the front of the case and can then be lifted out.
- Align the motherboard in the case, and then close the motheboard release latch to move the motherboard into the installed position and to secure it in the case.
- Connect all power and cable connections, except the hard drive and floppy drive cables, to the motherboard. The hard drive and floppy drive cables are connected in the next step.
- Replace the air duct.
- If applicable, replace add-in cards.
- Replace the right side panel.
- Connect the power cords and external device cables, and then turn on the computer.