Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1205153R, WMD003620, WME003773-01
Q: How do I remove and replace the front fan in the Gateway BTX server case?A: Remove the front fan
Replace the front fan
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cords.
- Remove the computer's right side panel.
- Inside the case, remove the air duct.
- For more stability, you can lay the computer on its left side.
- Follow the cable from the fan to its connection on the motherboard. Note the cable routing and connection location, and then disconnect the cable.
- Press down on the top center of the front fan assembly, and then tilt the assembly toward the rear of the case.
- Lift the fan assembly out of the case.
- Carefully note the fan's orientation in the fan holder, and then slide the fan out of the holder.
- If needed, slide the fan into the fan holder.
- Align the fan assembly in the case at a rearward angle.
- Ensure that the cables from the power switch control panel do not get pinched. A notch in the fan assembly provides a route for these cables.
- Tilt the assembly to the front of the case, and then press it into place so that the tab at the top center of the assembly engages in the slot in the case.
- Route the fan cable to the motherboard, and then connect it.
- Replace the air duct.
- Replace the computer's right side panel.
- Connect the power cords, and then turn on the computer.