Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1205153R, WMD003620, WME003773-01
Q: How do I remove and replace a power supply in the Gateway BTX server case?A: If the server has two power supplies installed (redundant configuration), they are hot swappable. If one of the power supplies fails, the other power supply supports the server while the failed module is replaced. In a redundant configuration, you do not need to turn off the server or disconnect peripheral devices to replace a failed power supply.
Remove a power supply
Replace a power supply
- At the rear of the server:
- If there is only one power supply, turn off the server.
- If there are two power supplies, examine the LEDs on each power supply to identify the failed module. The top power supply LED lights orange to indicate a failure.
- Disconnect the cord from the power supply.
- Pull up and hold the power supply latch, and then pull the power supply module straight out from the server.
- Slide the power supply module into the empty bay until the latch snaps into place.
- Connect the power cord, and then if needed, turn on the server.