Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
7515017, 7515018, 7515027, 7515028, 7515170, 7515171, 7515289, 7515772, 7520613, MLXPH2,
MLXPMC2, MLXPP2, MLXPT2
Q: What are some key differences between Gateway System Recovery R2 and previous versions?A: There are several key differences made with Gateway System Recovery R2.
- Professional systems will receive both a CD with operating system files and a CD containing Drivers and Applications. Consumer orders will only receive a CD with operating system files. Both Consumer and Professional can still create a Drivers and Applications CD from the start menu.
- The operating system files are included on a CD labeled "System Recovery CD/DVD".
- When recovering a computer with this new solution, half of the solution is on the System Recovery CD/DVD and the other half is on the recovery partition and/or the Drivers and Applications CD. It is important that the customer have this media available when you assist them through the installation progress.
- There is no prompt to create the recovery media set or a Drivers and Applications CD.
- The Recovery Media Creator icon has been removed from the start menu to prevent you from creating additional backup media that has Operating System files.
- No blank recovery media is provided with the computer.
- From the factory, the recovery partition will not contain operating system files. It only contains application and driver files.
- The first time the recovery partition is used, it prompts you to insert the System Recovery CD/DVD so it may copy files from the CD to the recovery partition.
- The Drivers and Applications CD is not bootable and does not contain operating system files.
- The System Recovery CD/DVD is bootable but does not contain any application or driver files.
- If you erase the hard drive and restore the computer using the System Recovery CD/DVD and an Applications and Drivers CD, the recovery partition is not recreated.