How do I run Windows Update? - Windows Update Version 4 (Service Pack 1a or earlier)
Use the following steps to find available updates.
Note: You might need to be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to perform some tasks.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Open Windows Update.
- On the Windows XP default Start menu, point to All Programs, and then click Windows Update.
- On the Windows XP classic Start menu, click Windows Update.
Note: The first time the Windows Update Web site is used, the user is prompted to install required software or controls. Click Yes for each of these.
- Click Scan for updates to find out about recent releases for your computer.
- Click Review and install updates.
- If prompted to send information to the Internet, click Yes.
- Click Install Now to install the updates.
- Accept the license agreement if prompted.