FX6800Gateway FX6800 Desktop Series
1 Number and types of I/O ports vary depending on model.
||The Gateway® FX6800 destkop series features lightning fast performance provided by the Intel® Core i7-920 processor with turbo mode. This processor was designed for extreme performance for intense gaming, digital media creation, and high-impact entertainment.
This series' computer case, introduced in Q3 2008, features the following:
- Pop-up 15-in-1 media card reader. Press the spring loaded mechanism on the top of the computer to access the media reader controls, slots and two USB ports.
- Media Control Center. This touch media control panel interface illuminates to allow you to launch and navigate Media Center and to control multimedia functions such as volume controls and Play/Pause/Stop/Skip.
Note: If a model has an optional wireless network solution or an optional remote control IR receiver, the LEDs for these features, located to the right of the Media Control Center, light to indicate activity.
- Two external 5.25-inch bays.
- Backup button. Located to the left of the power button on the front panel. Press to launch the designated backup program.
- Pop-out Multimedia panel. Press the spring loaded mechanism to access the front I/O ports1.
- Two tool-free external expansion SATA hard drive bays with drive carriers. Slide the front door down to access the bays. Pull a carrier out, place a SATA hard drive in the carrier, and then slide the assembly back into the bay for additional storage.2
2 Turn off the computer before inserting the hard drive assembly.