Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1009024, 1009025, 1009319, 1009345, 1009606, 1014298R, 1014303R, 1014342R, 1014429R
E-6610D SB, E-6610D SB, E-6610D SB, E-6610D SB, S-5615D, E-6610D SB, E-6610D SB, S-5615D, E-6610D SBQ: How do I remove and replace the rear fan in the 7-bay BTX computer case?A: Remove the rear fan
Replace the rear fan
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer's right side panel.
- Inside the case, locate the rear fan. Note the orientation of the fan and fan cable for later use.
- Follow the fan cable to its connection on the motherboard. Note the connection location, and then disconnect the fan cable.
- At the rear of the computer case, remove the four screws that secure the fan.
- Remove the fan from the case. The fan grill is secured by the same screws and can also be removed.
- Align the fan grill and the fan in the case. Ensure that the fan grill is against the rear of the case and that the fan label, which indicates direction of air flow, is facing the rear of the computer case.
Note: If the fan is improperly installed, the computer can overheat. The rear fan is used to force warm air out the rear of the computer case.
- At the rear of the case, secure the fan and grill with four screws.
- Connect the fan cable to the motherboard.
- Replace the right side panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.