Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
E-4350Q: How do I remove and replace the USB front panel board in the E-4350 computer?A: Note: The USB front panel board incorporates the USB, IEEE 1394, and audio ports for the front of the computer.
Remove the USB front panel board
Replace the USB front panel board
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer case left side panel.
- Remove the front bezel.
- Inside the case, if present, remove the internal speaker.
- Inside the case, locate the USB front panel board mounted on the front of the case.
- A number of cables are connected to the panel. Carefully note the connection locations, and then disconnect all the cables.
- If you are replacing the cables, follow them to their connection locations, note the locations, and then disconnect them.
- At the front of the case, remove the screw that secures the USB front panel to the chassis.
- Tilt the USB front panel away from the case, and then lift it away.
- Align the USB front panel on the front of the case, and then secure it with the screw.
- Inside the case, connect the cables to the USB front panel board. If cables were replaced, connect their other ends to the appropriate locations
- If applicable, replace the internal speaker.
- Replace the front bezel.
- Replace the computer case left side panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.