Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008788, 1008790, 1014208R, 1014210R, 1014211R
E-2600D SB, E-2600D, E-2610D, E-2600D SB, E-2600D SBQ: How do I remove and replace the media card reader in the 6-bay micro BTX case?
A: Remove the media card reader
Replace the media card reader
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the right side panel.
- Inside the case, locate the 3.5-inch drive bays near the upper front corner of the case, below the 5.25 inch bays.
- At the rear of the media card reader, locate its USB cable. Follow the cable to its connection on the motherboard, note the location and orientation, and then disconnect the cable.
- Slide the drive bay release latch toward the rear of the case.
- Slide the drive out of the front of the case.
- At the front of the case, route the media card reader's USB cable through the open 3.5-inch drive bay.
- Slide the media card into the front of the case until it is flush with the bezel.
- Secure the drive in the bay by sliding the release latch toward the front of the case.
Note: Small metal tabs on the release latch fit into holes on the side of the drive when the drive is properly aligned and the release latch is in the locked position.
- Connect the media card reader's USB cable to the motherboard.
- Replace the right side panel.
- Connect the power cord, and then turn on the computer.