Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008792, 1008793, 1009106, 1009477, 1014182R, 1014183R, 1014346R, 3502054R, WMEPM220601, WMEPM220609
E-1500D, E-1500D SB, E-1500D, E-1500D SB, E-1500D SB, E-1500D SB, S-5105DQ: How do I remove and replace the floppy disk drive in the Gateway E-Series 6-bay uATX case?A: Note: A floppy disk drive is an optional device. Not all configurations have one.
Remove the floppy disk drive
Replace the floppy disk drive
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer case left side panel.
- Inside the case, locate the external 3.5-inch drive bays near the upper front corner.
- At the rear of the floppy disk drive, disconnect the power and data cables.
- Remove the two screws that secure the floppy disk drive in the bay.
- At the front of the computer case, slide the floppy disk drive out of the bay.
- At the front of the computer, slide the floppy disk drive into place.
- Inside the case, secure the floppy disk drive in the bay with two screws.
- Connect the drive's power and data cables to the rear of the drive.
- Replace the computer case left side panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.