Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008792, 1008793, 1009106, 1009477, 1014182R, 1014183R, 1014346R, 3502054R, WMEPM220601, WMEPM220609
E-1500D, E-1500D SB, E-1500D, E-1500D SB, E-1500D SB, E-1500D SB, S-5105DQ: How do I remove and replace the media card reader in the Gateway E-Series 6-bay uATX case?A: Note: A media card reader is an optional device. Not all configurations have one.
Remove the media card reader
Replace the media card reader
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer case left side panel.
- Inside the case, locate the external 3.5-inch drive bays near the upper front corner.
- At the rear of the media card reader, follow the unit's USB cable to its connection on the motherboard. Note this connection location, and then disconnect the cable.
- Remove the screw that secures the media card reader in the bay.
- At the front of the computer case, slide the media card reader out. Use care when pulling the cable through the bay.
- At the front of the computer, route the media card reader's USB cable through the bay, and then slide the unit into place.
- Secure the media card reader in the bay with one screw.
- Connect the unit's USB cable to the motherboard.
- Replace the computer case left side panel.
- Connect the computer's power cord, and then turn on the computer.