Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008792, 1008793, 1009106, 1009477, 1014182R, 1014183R, 1014346R, 3502054R, WMEPM220601, WMEPM220609
E-1500D, E-1500D SB, E-1500D, E-1500D SB, E-1500D SB, E-1500D SB, S-5105DQ: How do I remove and replace the front bezel on the Gateway E-Series 6-bay uATX case?A: Remove the bezel
Replace the bezel
- Turn off the computer, disconnect the power cord, and then remove the left side panel.
- Inside the case, locate the front panel cables. These are the thin, twisted cables leading from the inside front of the case to the motherboard.
- Follow the front panel cables to where they connect to the motherboard. Carefully note the connection locations for the cables, and then disconnect them.
Note: If the front panel cables are not reconnected properly, the computer may fail to start. Creating a diagram of the connection locations before disconnecting the cables can be helpful.
- Inside the front of the case, locate the two bottom front bezel clips. These clips, as well as the two middle and two top clips, hold the front bezel securely onto the computer case.
- Pinch the sides of the clips together while, at the front of the computer, pull the bottom of the bezel away from the case.
- After the bottom of the bezel is loosened, continue pulling the bezel away from the case until the remaining four clips release from the case. You may need to pinch the left side middle and top clips to help loosen them.
- After the bezel is completely loosened, take care while pulling the front panel cables out of the case.
- Route the front panel cables through the openings in the front of the case.
- Align the front bezel with the front of the case, and then firmly press it into place. Press over the fasteners at the top, middle, and bottom of the bezel until each snaps into place.
- Inside the case, connect the front panel cables to the motherboard.
- Replace the left side panel, connect the power cord, and then turn on the computer.